Cranberry-Walnut sour bread Recipe
Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- Bread flour 3 cups
- Salt 1 TB and 1/2 tb spoon
- Instant yeast 1/2 tb spoon
- Dried Cranberries 3/4 cup
- Chopped walnuts 3/4 cup
- Water 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sift the flour in a bowl
- Add all the ingredients
- mix well
- Add water little by little to make a sticky dough.
- the dough will be too messy and sticky, but you have to work with it and make it all together.
- Keep the dough in deep bowl
- Set this bowl in a warm place for 18- 19 HOURS
- I know its long time but trust me you wanna do it for great results.
- After full 18-19 HOURS, take the dough on a floured surface and knead it well.
- Take a paper towel and flour it well in the center.
- Put the dough in the center of the paper towel and wrap it
- Let it rise for another 2 HOURS.
- After full 2 HOURS,
- put your oven on 400 F to preheat
- Also keep your baking pot with a lid (preferable) in oven while pre-heating (you want your pot to be real hot)
- While its pre-heating, knead the dough for the last time. It will be sticky but try to make it in a shape.
- As soon as the oven done with pre-heating, VERY CAREFULLY place your dough into the pot.
- Let it bake for 25 minutes WITH THE LID
- After 25 minutes- Bake it for another 17-18 minutes WITHOUT LID
- When its done, let it cool down completely.
- Enjoy your bread with spread of butter or any spread you like.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||14%|
|Total Fat 4.26g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.44g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.58g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|