Cranberry Raisin Bread Recipe
Cost per serving $1.32 view details
- 2 Packages Active Dry Yeast (1/4 Ounce)
- 1/2 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
- Mix yeast with warm, not hot, water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cane sugar, melted butter and milk until well blended, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in yeast mixture. Stir in the cranberries and raisins.
- Beat in half the flour and knead in the other half by hand on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about one hour.
- Punch down and divide dough in half. Form each half into a loaf and place in two greased 9" x 5" bread pans.
- Cover with towel and let rise in pans for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Loaves are done when nicely browned and sound hollow when tapped.
- Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a sharp knife.
- Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- 2 Loaves
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 631g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 245||15%|
|Total Fat 28.02g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 15.92g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 331.93g||89%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.3g||44%|