Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1 pkt frzn hash browns - (2 lbs) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 16 ounce lowfat sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 stk butter
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 2 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a greased 9- by 13-inch pan. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl add in chopped onions, and mix together with lowfat sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Pour soup mix over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and butter, which you have cut into cubes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min, or possibly till all is completely hot, and the cheese begins to heat.
- NOTES : Cracker Barrel does not use lowfat sour cream, you might want to try some chicken broth to bind everything together. I would keep two cans in mind, starting with one, and then trying another. You would also want to use the shredded and not the cubed hash browns. Oh yes, I would also omit the cream of chicken soup. I would add in just sufficient broth to make sure everything is moistened, but don't soak the potatoes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner