Crab & Avocado BLTs On Sourdough Recipe
This is a different take on standard BLT sandwiches. The addition of lump crab and avocado make for a delicious sandwich. This would be great with Dungeness crab when in season fresh. I served the sandwiches with seedless red grapes and stone fruit.
For a wine I chose a Viansa 2013 Sonoma Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
Chilled it has flavors of grapefruit, lime and tropical fruit.
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 8 slices thick bacon
- 2 ea avocados pitted, skinned and sliced
- 2 ea large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 4-5 Tbs mayonnaise
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt/garlic pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Toast sourdourgh and rub with peeled garlic.
- Combine lump crab and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and garlic pepper.
- Spread a little mayonniase on toasted bread.
- Assemble by adding crab mixture, bacon, tomato, avocado and butter lettuce.
- Served with grapes and fruit.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 479g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 482||52%|
|Total Fat 53.71g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 12.84g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.4g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|