Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe
Perfect for fall, Crab and Corn Chowder fits the bill for a satisfying main dish lunch or dinner chowder. This is from the Crown Prince website.
Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- 2 cans Crown Prince Natural Lump White Crab Meat, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 1/4 tsp. and it was plenty for us)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low fat milk ( used half and half)
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels (about 3 cobs fresh corn)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Warm the butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, spices, broth and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes (uncovered), or until potatoes are tender.
- In a food processor, process 2 cups of the corn until smooth. Stir into chowder with remaining corn kernels, crab meat, parsley and lemon rind. Cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- NOTE: For thicker chowder, use heavy cream instead of milk. Fresh corn works best in this chowder; however, canned or frozen may be used.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||34%|
|Total Fat 6.48g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.68g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.5g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|