Cous Cous Salad Recipe
I love Cous-Cous and this salad is a nice change from cous- cous as a side dish. Its great cold or room temp. I used to make it with a white wine vinaigrette, but it doesn't need it. So now I just offer some raspberry vinaigrette on the side for those who want it but most people eat it plain. I will include the vinaigrette recipe use it if you like. This is great for party, BBQ's, potlucks family get togethers its always a hit. Even with those who say they don't like cous-cous wind up loving it.
1/4cup good white wine vinegar
6tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
fresh chopped parsley
Whisk together, double if needed
- 2 boxes Near East Parmesan Cous-Cous
- 1 15oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 9oz bag of craisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 english cucumber chopped (i prefer english-no seeds)
- 1 bunch of scallions finely sliced whites and most of green
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper finely diced
- Cook Cous-Cous according to package directions
- Meanwhile chop all your veggies and drain chickpeas
- When the Cous-Cous is done put in a lg bowl and fluff it up to get it separated.
- Add craisin and sunflower seeds while the cous cous is still warm
- Then add all the other ingredients mix well to combine
- Add small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill it.
- This salad is better the next day when the flavors meld.
- Serve cold or at room temp, with or with out vinaigrette.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||22%|
|Total Fat 3.0g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.26g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.08g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|