Country Farm Dinner Rolls Recipe
Cost per serving $0.25 view details
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 1/2 C. warm water
- 1/2 C. softened shortening
- 1 C. scalded milk( Let cool somewhat)
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lg. egg
- 3-4 C. flour
- Have available softened margarine to spread on top of rolls
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2. Stir in milk, sugar, salt, egg, shortening and 2 1/2 cups flour.
- 3. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic ( about 5 minutes).
- 5. Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover with cloth.
- 6. Let rise in warm place ( or in the refrigerator overnight) until it doubles. About 2 hours.( Dough is ready if an indentation remains when touched.
- 7. Punch down dough and allow to rise again for about 25 minutes.
- 8. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. . Tuck edges under; should resemble a mushroom.
- 8. Place 3 rolls in each greased muffin pan. Brush with butter.
- 9. Bake in heated 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or when somewhat golden.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||34%|
|Total Fat 9.99g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.55g||10%|
|Trans Fat 2.86g|
|Total Carbs 37.33g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|