Cottage Cheese And Chili Salad Recipe
Cost per recipe $5.26 view details
- 1 quart Cottage cheese, large or possibly small curd
- 1 can (small) whole green chilis, liquid removed and minced
- 1/2 c. Sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 x Green onions, sliced, both green & white parts
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp Good-quality chili pwdr or possibly to taste
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin or possibly to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dry oregano -Or possibly-
- 2 tsp Minced fresh oregano Salt & black pepper to taste Corn tortillas Oil for frying Pimento-stuffed green olives Tomato, quartered
- Combine salad ingredients and refrigerateat least one hour to let flavors meld.
- Meanwhile cut the corn tortillas in half and then crosswise in 1/4 inch strips and deep-fry in oil till crisp. Drain on paper towels and let cold.
- Serve salad on a bed of the crispy tortilla strips and garnish with olives and tomatoes.
- This is authentic Alaskan Tex-Mex Dutch cooking 8 )
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 873g|
|Calories from Fat 322||38%|
|Total Fat 36.66g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 14.49g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.3g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|