Costa Rican Beef And Vegetable Soup With Yellow Rice Recipe
Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 2 x ound Lean boneless beef chuck
- 1 1/2 x inch cubes
- 1 gm Onion thinly sliced
- 1 x up Celery thinly sliced
- 3 x Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 x Dry bay leaf
- 1 gm Red bell pepper seeded and Cut into thin bite-size Strips
- 1 1/2 x up Water
- 2 can (about 14 1/2 ounce.) Beef broth
- 1 gm Ear corn cut into 3/4 inch Thick slices
- 4 x up Coarsely shredded cabbage
- 13 x up Lightly packed cilantro leaves Salt and pepper
- 1 x ablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 x mall onion minced fine
- 1 x up rice
- 14 x easpoon grnd turmeric
- 1 3/4 x up water
- Soup: Arrange beef cubes slightly apart in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 500 oven till well browned (about 20 min). Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2 qt or possibly larger crockpot, combine onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf and bell pepper. Transfer browned beef to crockpot. Pour a little of the water into baking pan, stirring to dissolve drippings and pour into crockpot. Add in broth and remaining water. Cover and cook on low about 8 hrs.
- About 15 min before beef is done, prepare Yellow Rice. While rice is cooking, increase cooker setting to high; add in corn.
- Cover; cook for 5 min. Add in cabbage; cover and cook till cabbage is bright green, 8 to 10 more min.
- Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into wide, shallow bowls; add in a scoop of rice to each.
- Rice: Heat oil in 2-qt pan over medium heat. Add in the onion; cook, stirring till onion is soft but not browned, (3 to 5 min). Stir in the rice and tumeric; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. Pour in the water and reduce heat to low and cook till rice is tender, about 20 min.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||9%|
|Total Fat 1.45g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.41g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.76g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|