Cooking Light's Moussaka Recipe
Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 1 lb Unpeeled eggplants, (2) Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1 slc Onion, (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 1/3 c. Minced onion
- 1 lb Lean grnd lamb
- 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 14 1/2 ounce No-salt-added whole tomatoes, (1 can) Liquid removed and minced
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine
- 3 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange half of eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from heat 5 min on each side or possibly till lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining eggplant slices; set aside.
- Combine lowfat milk, onion slice, and bay leaf in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat to 180 deg or possibly till tiny bubbles form around edges of pan.
- Throw away onion slice and bay leaf; set scalded lowfat milk aside.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat till warm. Add in minced onion; saute/fry 5 min. Add in lamb, 1/4 tsp. salt, and next 3 ingredients; cook 8 min or possibly till lamb is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain; wipe pan drippings from skillet with a paper towel. Return meat mix to skillet, and add in tomatoes. Cook 5 min over medium heat or possibly till most of liquid evaporates, and set aside.
- Heat margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; add in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Gradually add in scalded lowfat milk and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; cook mix 5 min or possibly till slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Arrange half of eggplant in the bottom of a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of meat mix. Repeat procedure with remaining eggplant and meat mix. Pour sauce over meat mix, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 deg for 45 min or possibly till thoroughly heated.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 [4-1/2- x 4-1/4-inch] piece).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 323g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 182||57%|
|Total Fat 20.29g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 8.33g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 16.93g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|