Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
Delightful, cool and smooth dessert for coffee lovers.
Cost per serving $0.67 view details
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar, and coffee in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks. Add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, to the hot cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen (according to the manufacturer's instructions).
- Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for a few hours before serving.
- Serving: take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.
- Easy suggestion: ice cream is best served in chilled glass or porcelain bowls. Scoop it with a hot, but dry, ice-cream spoon (soak it in boiling water, then wipe dry).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 206g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||55%|
|Total Fat 21.54g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 12.38g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.34g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|