COCONUT flour ALMOND butter CHOCOLATE cookie Recipe
Almond butter along eggs make the match for coconut flour baked goods. Protein rich, low carb and grain-free surely render a guiltless cookie indeed.
Note: Yields: 20 medium size cookies...or 38 smaller size cookies
For a detailed post...refer here:
- . >(American / Metric measures)<
- . 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, room temp.
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) almond butter, room temp.. 1/2 cup (110g) organic, granulated sugar
- . 2 large eggs, room temp.
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- . 1/2 cup (70g) coconut flour
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) sea salt
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) baking soda
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) ground cinnamon spice
- . 1/2 cup (60g) bittersweet (65-70%) chocolate chipits
- . garnish: (optional) handful unsweetened, shredded coconut
- . Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Position rack in the center of the oven. Prepare a large parchment lined cookie baking sheet.
- . In small bowl, sift together the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- . In another medium bowl, with the aid of an electric beater, cream together the butter and almond butter until smoothly combined. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Afterwards, add and beat one egg at the time, as well as adding the vanilla until combined. Add the flour mix on low-medium speed and continue beating until traces of flour are gone. Lastly, blend in the chocolate with a big spatula into the mixed cookie dough.
- . Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes or overnight if desired.
- . Assembly: (optional: dip some dough balls into the shredded coconut) >> MEDIUM-size cookies: With the aid of a medium size (#30) ice-cream scoop or large tablespoon, make packed, leveled volumes of cookie dough and place 20 mounds about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the cookie sheet. >>> SMALL-size cookies: With the aid of a small size (#60) ice-cream scoop or large teaspoon, make packed, leveled volumes of cookie dough and place 38 mounds about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on the cookie sheet.
- . Bake for no more than 18 minutes for the medium-size cookies or no more than 14 minutes for the smaller cookies. Remove the cookies from the baking pan and onto a cooling rack immediately.
- . Storing: To prevent spoiling, refrigerate cookies and leave them out at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Better yet, wrap them in parchment paper and store in the freezer for best results.
- . Happy baking moments from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com