Coconut Curry Tofu With Rice And Spinach Recipe
Cost per serving $1.43 view details
- 8 ounce hard tofu (not silken) Wondra Quick-mixing flour
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil cool pressed not toasted sesame healthy pinch freshly grnd pepper
- 1/8 tsp granulated roasted garlic
- 1/4 c. minced onion healthy pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut flavored curry sauce (Portuguese Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp Warm curry pwdr may omit
- 1/2 tsp Butter buds pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/3 c. steamed rice
- 1 1/2 c. steamed spinach
- 1. Drain tofu and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Pat dry with paper toweling. Dust with Wondra; shake off excess.
- 2. Heat oil in wok or possibly skillet. Add in tofu and saute/fry. Season with pepper and a healthy pinch or possibly two of garlic. Brown on all sides. Remove from wok to drain on paper towel.
- 3. Saute/fry the onion in the wok; sprinkle onion with salt. Reduce heat and cook onion till transparent and sweet. Stir in the curry sauce and tomato paste. When it is just heated and aromatic, stir in water. Add in curry pwdr (if using). Stir to blend. Add in tofu; reduce heat to lowest setting and simmer for 10. Correct seasonings by adding salt, pepper and additional garlic if you like. Simmer for 5 more min; add in water when needed. Just before serving stir in Butter Buds pwdr and fresh cilantro. To serve: in shallow pasta-style bowls, arrange steamed rice across the center (along diameter), steamed spinach to one side and tofu on the other side with the sauce pour on some of the rice and the tofu. Offer coarse salt for the spinach.
- Description: "Tofu in a coconut curry sauce served with rice and spinach."
- NOTES : A flavorful tofu curry which is easy to prepare using Lee Kum Kee's Portuguese Sauce. It's a vegetarian Coconut Flavored Curry Sauce. We like to the extra punch from adding warm curry pwdr; you could try a healthy pinch of garam masala or possibly omit the spice for a milder sauce. The Butter Buds substitutes for ghee. Serve with basmati rice and spinach. Spinach is the perfect foil for contrast, flavor and texture. (Product is pictured http://home.lkk.com/product_details.aspcategoryid=&sauceid=18)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 291g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||18%|
|Total Fat 13.1g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.45g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 106.03g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|