Club Sandwich Recipe
The brown bag lunch is an American tradition, the first sandwich created in 1762, was a matter of necessity. The Earl of Sandwich, an enthusiastic gambler, requested bread and meat dishes that he could eat while gambling and the sandwich were born. The traditional club sandwich is most often done with turkey, bacon, eggs and loads of mayonnaise, thin slices of roasted turkey topped with crispy bacon and onions over the crusty bread slices. My version of Club Sandwich features the leftovers sitting in the fridge. But it is as delicious as an authentic club sandwich.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 boiled egg chopped
- 1 medium-size english cucumber diced
- 2 - 3 slices of chicken salami
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 Cup shredded tandoori chicken (optional)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine cucumber, boiled egg, chicken, cranberries, mayo, mustard sauce, green chutney, salt and pepper. Mix nicely. Keep in the fridge until required.
- Grill the chicken salami in the pan until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a lettuce leaf on the bread slice.
- Arrange one chicken salami over the lettuce leaf.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of egg stuffing over the chicken salami.
- Cover the sandwich with the remaining bread slice.
- Grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker or a grill pan ( buy it here ).
- Using a serrated knife cut sandwich into 4 square pieces.
- Serve the Club Sandwich with the tomato ketchup for breakfast or snacks.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 185||73%|
|Total Fat 20.9g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 3.13g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.91g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|