Classic Veg Cheese Pizza Recipe
Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- For the pizza base:
- 2 Cup all-purpose-flour (maida)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup lukewarm water
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Pizza/Pasta Sauce
- 2 medium size onion sliced
- 3 – 4 baby corn cut into inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon red chili sliced
- 1 large-size capsicum chopped
- 1/4 Cup black olives sliced
- 5 – 6 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs seasoning
- 1 Cup grated pizza cheese
- To make the pizza base
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- In the lukewarm water add yeast and sugar. Mix nicely. Let it sit for 5-10 mins until frothy. This means that the yeast is active.
- Make well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in activated yeast. Cover it with flour and let it sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil. Knead the dough by rolling it backward and forward, using your left hand to stretch the dough toward you and your right hand to push the dough away from you at the same time. Repeat this for 10 minutes, until you have a smooth, springy, soft dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let double in size for about 45 minutes.
- This could take 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the weather. I usually place it inside the oven or microwave for proofing.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves and again allow to double in size for 30 minutes.
- To assemble the pizza:
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Grease a large baking tray with olive oil.
- Place the ball of dough and with fingers stretch it out by pressing, into 7-8″ diameter circle.
- Smear the generous amount of sauce over the base of your pizzas and spread it out to the edges.
- Top with grated cheese. Arrange the toppings of your choice over the layer of cheese.
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Check the pizza base for doneness. Scatter fresh basil leaves over the pizza. Sprinkle seasoning.
- Cut into wedges and drizzle a splash of olive oil.
- Serve Classic Veg Cheese Pizza warm.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||38%|
|Total Fat 12.49g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.02g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.74g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|