Classic Carrot & Raisin Salad Tossed with Honey & Sesame Dressing Recipe
Know what you eat: Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidant compounds, and the richest vegetable source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes. Carrots' antioxidant compounds help protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer and also promote good vision, especially night vision.
A fact: Cooking carrots actually raises the nutritional benefits. The fiber in carrots can trap the beta carotene, making it difficult for your body to extract. By cooking them slightly, you free the beta-carotene, from the fiber, which allows your body to absorb it better. Eating only a half-cup serving per day will give you more than the recommended dosage of beta-carotene.
- 4 C shredded carrots, slightly steamed.
- 1/2 C (a handful) raisins, add as per taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Honey, substitute Light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- A dash of salt & pepper
- 1. Prepare dressing in a separate bowl, mix thoroughly. Keep aside.
- 2. After shredding, combine slightly steamed / microwave carrot & raisin well, using your fingers to toss and coat the carrots thoroughly, in the dressing.
- 3. Transfer to serving dish. As the salad sits, the raisins will plump a bit and carrots will take on citrus taste.
- 4. Enjoy this Classic Carrot & Raisin Salad.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||33%|
|Total Fat 8.97g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.27g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.84g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|