Classic Cannoli Cannoli Alla Siciliana Recipe
Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 1 1/2 c. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 pch SALT
- 1/2 tsp BAKING Pwdr
- 2 x Large eggs
- 4 tsp SUGAR
- 2 Tbsp. BUTTER
- 1 c. MARSALA Or possibly DESSERT WINE Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb RICOTTA CHEESE
- 4 tsp ORANGE FLOWER WATER
- 1/2 c. DICED CANDIED ORANGE Or possibly CITRON
- 1 ounce BITTER CHOCOLATE, CRUSHED CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR
- 1. Combine flour, salt, baking pwdr, 1 egg, sugar, & butter; mix well.
- 2. Gradually add in sufficient wine to make a hard dough. Knead till smooth & elastic. Roll into very thin sheets; cut into 12 squares.
- 3. Place metal cannoli tubes diagonally onto each square so tube divides each square into 2 triangles. Lay points of triangles over tubes so they meet in middle.
- Separate remaining egg & use a little of the egg white to moisten overlap.
- Press gently to seal.
- 4. Heat 3-4 inches deep extra virgin olive oil in deep pan. Fry cannoli till golden, drain well on paper towels, & cold. Remove metal tubes.
- 5. Combine remaining part of egg with ricottta cheese, orange flower water, candied orange, & chocolate & blend well. Fill cannoli with cheese mix. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||28%|
|Total Fat 9.74g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.49g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.99g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|