Chunky Meat Sauce For Pasta Recipe
Cost per serving $3.52 view details
- 1 lb lean grnd beef - (to 1 1/2 lbs) (or possibly use a mix of Italian sausage and grnd beef)
- 1 lrg onion coarsely minced
- 1 lrg bell pepper coarsely minced
- 1 med zucchini halved, and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 8 ounce fresh mushrooms coarsely minced, or possibly sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1/3 c. beef broth bouillon, base, or possibly water
- 2 Tbsp. instant tapioca - (to 3 tbspns)
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (15 ounce)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (7 ounce)
- 1 can tomato paste - (6 ounce)
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp seasoned or possibly black pepper
- 1 dsh crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or possibly honey
- Brown meat and onions; combine with remaining ingredients (2 Tbsp. tapioca) in a 3 1/2-qt or possibly larger crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hrs, or possibly about half the time on HIGH.
- Add in another Tbsp. of tapioca if the sauce seems thin (it will be thinner if cooked on LOW). Serve on spaghetti and pass the Parmesan!
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- NOTES :
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 515g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 162||42%|
|Total Fat 17.96g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6.84g||27%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 32.37g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|