Chocolate Walnut Orange Blossom Financiers (Friands) mini cakes Recipe
With a few egg whites on hand…these mini French style cakes came together in no time at all.
No need for an electric beater…however, if you don't already have ground walnuts, a food processor may be helpful.
For a detailed post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures
- . DRY:
- . 1-1/2 cups (170g) ground walnuts
- . 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- . 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' sugar
- . 6 Tbsps. (65g) All-Purpose flour
- . 3 Tbsps. (45g) Cacao powder (Dutch-processed)
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) ground cardamom spice
- . pinch of sea salt
- . > WET:
- . 4 xLarge (125ml) egg whites (room temp.)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) Orange blossom essence
- . 1 orange, finely zested
- . 1/4 cup (70g) unsalted butter, melted (room temp.)
- . Optional garnish: Walnut halves, sliced almonds, maraschino cherries etc.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas6. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly grease the mini cakes pan.
- . In a food processor, place all the DRY ingredients and pulse a few times before blitzing it until coarsely pulverized. Place this mix into a medium-large bowl. Set aside.
- . Pour the unbeaten egg whites, orange blossom essence, orange zest and melted butter into the DRY mix. Stir and combine thoroughly.
- . Evenly distribute the batter into each cavity. Add desired (optional) garnish of choice onto each surface.
- . BAKE for 14 minutes. Afterwards, remove the pan from the oven and place it onto a metal rack. Cool for 1 hour before un-moulding.
- . Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- . Happy baking from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|