Chocolate Potato Drop Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 1/2 c. vegetable shortening (4-ounce)
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 lrg egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 sqr unsweetened chocolate, heat, ed and coo
- 1/2 c. unseasoned mashed potatoes (about 1, medium russet), c
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. currants
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl of electric mixer for 3 min or possibly till light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, chocolate, and potatoes till well combined.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl till blended.
- On low speed, blend in flour mix and buttermilk alternately till smooth. Stir in currants.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400F. oven for 10 min or possibly till cookies spring back when pressed with finger; do not overcook. Transfer to rack and cold before serving.
- 1 WARNER, JoieAll the Best Potatoes
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 84g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||37%|
|Total Fat 11.8g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.79g||15%|
|Trans Fat 2.86g|
|Total Carbs 41.87g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|