Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, nuts and coconut in a medium-size bowl; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy. Add egg and beat till smooth. Mix in milk, vanilla and chocolate.
- Blend in flour and nut mixture till smooth, about 2 minutes (dough will be stiff.)
- Scoop dough in desired size balls, or shape by hand, placing on prepared cookie sheets and pressing each down slightly with palm of hand (if dough is tacky, flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in flour.)
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Do not overbake; cookies should be set but will not collapse when lightly touched. Check at the minimum baking time, and continue baking as needed in one minute increments until desired baking doneness is reached. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before removing cookies to wire rack to complete cooling.
- Yield: Approximately 3 1/2 dozen, depending on size of cookie.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 12g|
|Recipe makes 42 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||62%|
|Total Fat 3.78g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.24g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|