Chocolate Mascarpone Delight Recipe
A smooth rich chocolate, mascarpone crackled cheesecake in a crunchy, chocolate-lined shortbread crust. It's garnished with mascarpone and vino cotto (vincotto) whipped topping, drizzled with vino cotto and finished with grated dark chocolate.
Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- Keebler's Ready Crust® shortbread pie crust
- 3/4 cup Hershey's® semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Vino Cotto di Montillo (vincotto)
- TOPPING (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 4-6 tablespoons Vino Cotto di Montillo (to taste)
- 1 ounce Hershey's® Special Dark chocolate bar (roughly grated)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a small saucepan, add chocolate chips. Over low heat, stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into the shortbread pie crust.
- Using the back of a spoon, glide the melted chocolate up the sides and over the bottom of the pie crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add two containers of mascarpone cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat to a smooth consistency.
- To the mixture, add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate-lined pie crust.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature then refrigerate.
- Using a medium bowl for the topping, add the third container of mascarpone cheese and 4-6 tablespoons of vino cotto to taste. Beat well.
- Plate a slice of cheesecake and garnish it with the mascarpone and vino cotto topping (whipped cream can be substituted). Drizzle with vino cotto and sprinkle with grated dark chocolate. Serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||17%|
|Total Fat 2.78g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.03g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.25g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|