Chocolate Chunk Brownies Recipe
Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 1 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Double acting baking pwdr
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 14 ounce Semisweet chocolate -- Finely minced
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 9 Tbsp. Unsalted butter -- cut Tbsp.
- 1/4 c. Light corn syrup
- 1/4 c. Water
- 3 lrg Large eggs -- chilled
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. Coarsely minced walnut -- Halves, divided
- 9 ounce Swiss dark chocolate -- cut Inch chunks -- divided
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line a 13-by-9 1/2-inch baking pan with a double thickness of aluminum foil so which the foil extends 2 inches beyond the two short ends of the pan.
- Fold the overhang down along the sides of the pan. Butter the bottom of the foil-lined pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking pwdr and salt. Place the semisweet chocolate in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, till the butter melts, the sugar is dissolved and the mix comes to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the warm syrup over the chocolate. Let the mix stand for 1 to 2 min, to heat the chocolate. Whisk till smooth. One at a time, whisk in the Large eggs, blending till smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and the flour mix, mixing till the batter is smooth. Using a rubber spatula, mix in 1 c. of the walnuts and 6 ounces of the Swiss chocolate chunks. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it proportionately with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. of walnuts and 3 ounces of chocolate chunks over the top of the batter. Bake the brownies for 40 to 50 min, or possibly till a cake tester or possibly toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cold the brownies in the pan set on a wire rack. When the brownies are completely cold, cover the pan of brownies with plastic wrap and let the brownies set at room temperature for at least 6 hrs or possibly overnight. Invert the brownies onto a large plate or possibly cutting board. Remove the pan and carefully peel off the foil. Invert again onto a smooth cutting surface and cut into 24 bars. Store the brownies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to five days.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 321||62%|
|Total Fat 37.51g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 20.76g||83%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.21g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|