Chocolate Bourbon and Pecan Biscotti Recipe
Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- For Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups top quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and very coursely chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- For the glaze
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of course sugar (raw sugars like turbinado)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the 3 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and bourbon.
- Gradually stir in the the dry ingredients, then mix in the nuts and chocolate chips until the dough holds together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into two logs the length of the baking sheet. Transfer the logs onto the baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Gently flatten the tops of the logs.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the tops of the logs liberally with the egg- not all!
- Sprinkle the tops with the course sugar and bake for 25 minutes until dough feels firm to touch.
- Remove cookie dough from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. On a cutting board, use a serrated bread knife to diagonally cut the cookies into 1/2 inch slices.
- Lay cookies cut side down on baking sheet. And return to oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the baking sheet midway during baking, until cookies feel mostly firm. When the cool they'll firm more.
- Once baked, cool the cookies completely then store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Dip in melted chocolate for more indulgence! Half dip into melted chocolate, then cool allow to cool until chocolate hardens.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 102g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||30%|
|Total Fat 11.51g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.89g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.56g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|