Choco Almond Cashew Secret Center Crumbly Cookies Recipe
Absolutely delectable, pure melt in the mouth Chocolate coated crumbly cookies with Almond or Cashew surprises in their Secret Center's...;).
Sometimes they remind me of the crumbly cookies we would get along with the how cup of freshly brewed Filter Kaapi we would often get i think in Indian Coffee House,Hotel Chalukya & Grand Ashoka way back in the early 1980's in the then Garden City " Namma very Own Bangalore"...Hmmm...how i miss my childhood, where dad and mum would take me out and as they would sip on their hot Strong Filter Kaapi i would loathe my self to some Awesome Cookie's.
Anyways coming back to 2011...I had a lot of cashew's and almonds lying at home and wanted to make something which would turn out real quick and perfect to the core since i was trying something like this with my lil daughter around, so i had to make it before she ran out of patience.
These turned out just sooo....perfect to my need more so they tasted just like "Walkers Shortbread Cookies"...Of course with a much needed twist which all of us food bloggers are always trying to add to our recipe's..so this one's got a hidden whole almond or cashew inside it and is dunked in chocolate on the outside!!
And how can i just forget the just so crumbly cookies with roasted Almonds and Cashew's Tossed right inside their secret center such that you would not even guess there is something inside, unless you take a bite..!! #
Well what more can i say...The best part of this cookie It's gonna be done and over in 20 min's flat..;) So what say guy's lets give it a go....Just what we all need in this quick moving world....to save time..;).
Okay so let's get on with the easy peasy recipe...;)
- 9 Tbsp(about 125gms): Butter @ room temperature.
- 2/3 cup(about 75gms): confectionersâ sugar/powdered sugar(i added about 1Tbsp more since i felt it was a little less sweeter, however it's your choice).
- 1no: egg yolk.
- 1Cup: All-purpose flour.
- 1 pinch: salt.
- 1/2 tsp: Vanilla essence.
- 15nos:Whole toasted almonds with skin.
- 15nos:Whole toasted cashews.
- 50gms:Dark chocolate, melted.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy it just takes about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk,vanilla essence and salt, cream until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until a dough is formed. Rest dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take a marble-sized dough (I used a melon scoop), flatten and wrap around the almond/cashew.
- Shape it into an oval cookie.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 350 f/180c for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cookies to cool on cake racks, or take the baking tray out of the oven and allow it to cool outside the oven i did this since i don't have a cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave,or you could even put it in an oven safe bowl and leave it in while you preheat the oven..;) works just fine.
- Coat cookies with melted chocolate by dunking cookies in the melted chocolate and removing them with a fork and place on cake rack.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|