Chipotle Portobello Burgers Recipe
Cost per serving $1.59 view details
- 3 - 4 Chipotle Chilies In Adobo Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Small Vidalia Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- For The Burger:
- 4 Whole Portobello Mushroom Caps, Wiped Clean
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, Cut Crosswise Into Slices 7 Skewered
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, Melted (No Substitutes)
- 2 Whole Poblano Chilies
- For Serving:
- 4 Individual Ciabatta Rolls or Other Variety, Sliced In Half
- 4 Thin Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Whole Ripe Avocados, Pitted & Sliced
- Prepare Marinade: In a blender jar or food processor, combine the Chipotle chilies, garlic, chopped onion, balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, and salt and pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- Place the mushroom caps in a single layer in a non reactive baking dish, gill-side up, and pour the marinade over them, working the marinade into the gills with the back of a spoon. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare Burgers: When ready to cook, remove the mushrooms from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Brush the onion slices with melted butter.
- Place the Portobello (gill-side down), the onion slices, and the Poblano on the grill grate. Grill for about 3 minutes, then turn with tongs. Spoon some of the reserved marinade on the gill-side of the mushrooms and continue to grill until tender and sizzling. If the vegetables begin to brown too much before they become tender, move them over the medium zone of the grill.
- Lastly, brush melted butter over the cut sides of the Ciabatta rolls and grill, cut sides down, for 1 to 2 minutes over the medium side of the grill, or until they are golden brown.
- To Serve: Remove the skewers from the onion slices. Scrape the charred skin of the Poblano, remove the stem end, and cut into quarters. Remove seeds and/or veins. For each sandwich, place a mushroom on the bottom half of a bun; top with a slice of pepper Jack cheese, onion, poblano pepper, and several slices of avocado.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 277g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 535||88%|
|Total Fat 60.46g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 18.08g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 16.74g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||21%|