Chipotle Chile Pepper Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $2.01 view details
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 12 Oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Diced
- 14 1/2 Oz. Can Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Small Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 14 1/2 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, Sliced
- 1 Cup Crispy Tortilla Strips
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- In a Dutch oven cook the onion until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth, corn, chipotle pepper, lime juice, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Note: The lime juice and sugar cuts the sharpness of the tomatoes, giving a mellow, rich flavor to the soup without adding noticeable sweetness.
- Tip: If you have cooked leftover chicken or turkey, use that in place of the raw. It will speed up the preparation of this soup.
- Yield: 4 Cups
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 430g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||23%|
|Total Fat 9.86g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.55g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.14g|
|Total Carbs 50.76g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|