Chinese Style Barbecued Pork Recipe
Cost per serving $1.47 view details
- 1/4 c. Shao xing
- 1/3 c. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 2 1/2 lb Boneless pork rib end roast
- 1/3 c. Catsup
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard, dry
- 2 tsp ,Water
- Combine the sherry, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic, blending well.
- Place the pork roast in a dish or possibly plastic bag, add in the sauce, and brush over the meat or possibly close the bag tightly and turn to coat the meat with the sauce. Marinate at room temperature 2 to 3 hrs or possibly in the refrigerator overnight.
- This cut of pork is best cooked on a grill with a cover or possibly on a spit. If you don't have a spit or possibly grill with a cover, shape a loose tent of foil over the meat to hold in the heat and help prevent flare-ups while cooking.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and place on a grill 6 to 8 inches above a drip pan surrounded by warm coals or possibly with the coals pushed to the back of the grill. Brush the meat with the sauce and grill 1 hour, basting and turning as needed to cook proportionately and prevent flare-ups. Test with a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. the meat is thoroughly cooked but still tender and juicy. A thick roast might require 30 min longer.
- Just before the meat is done, mix the catsup into the remaining marinade and brush over the meat. Turn and glaze the meat over the drip pan. Remove the meat to a serving plater, cover loosely with foil and let stand 30 min. About 10 min before serving, mix the dry mustard to a smooth thin paste with the water. Slice the pork roast thinly and serve the catsup sauce and mustard sauce separately, or possibly swirl the mustard into the catsup sauce.
- "I was a young woman in Miami when I first had what my date called Chinese roast pork with warm and heavenly sauce. This is my adaptation, after I learned which the restauranteur's 'warm and heavenly' is American catsup and mustard."
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 167g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 281||71%|
|Total Fat 31.11g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 9.98g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.29g|
|Total Carbs 6.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|