Chinese Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into very large chunks (3 to 4 inches)
- 1 TBSP Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 TBSPS soy sauce
- 3 TBSPS honey
- 2 TBSPS dry sherry
- 2 TBSPS minced fresh ginger
- 2 TBSPS minced garlic
- Rub the 5 spice powder into the pork chunks, all over, and let sit while you prepare the sauce in the next step.
- Whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, sherry, ginger, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Place the seasoned pork shoulder pieces in a slow cooker, cover with the sauce.
- Slow cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, until the meat easily pulls apart. About halfway through the cooking, turn the meat over in the pot.
- Use a ladle or a large metal spoon to remove excess fat that has risen to the surface while the meat has been cooking. Don't discard it yet, you may want to add some of it back.
- Use two forks to pull apart the pork into shreds. If the pork still seems dry, add back some of the fat
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 75||41%|
|Total Fat 8.3g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.82g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.53g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|