CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH FRUIT SAUCE Recipe
It is well known that Chinese is one of the most-travelled and adapted Asian cuisines and whether it is steamed,braised,roasted or grilled,Chinese food is increasingly popular when the emphasis is on diet and health.This is an ideal roast duck dish for for any Chinese food lover,great for lunch or light evening meal when the weather is lightly cold.This recipe can be stretched to delight larger gatherings too.Try it and you'll love it.You can serve this with a dipping sauce made with chili sauce mixed with dark soy sauce.
- 1 Kg duck,chopped into big bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsop honey
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- FRUIT SAUCE:
- 2 Oranges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp water
- 425 gm can lychees,drained
- 450gm can pineapple pieces,drained
- Marinate duck pieces in honey, 1 tbsp of oil and soy sauce.Place duck on rack in baking dish,refrigerate uncovered overnight to dry.
- Brush duck with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and bake in a moderate oven 1 hour or till tender.
- Let stand for 5 mins in the oven.
- Serve with fruit sauce.
- Fruit Sauce:
- Peel and chop oranges into small bite sized bits .
- Combine orange juice,honey,lemon juice,soy sauces,stock and blended cornflour with water in wok,stir constantly over heat until sauce boils and thickens.Stir in lychees,pineapple and oranges.