Chinese Chicken And Corn Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 1 x boned skinned chicken breast half - (5 to 6 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine (or possibly dry sherry)
- 5 1/2 tsp Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 x garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. thinly-shredded fresh ginger
- 4 c. fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 ctn shelf-stable silken-style hard tofu - (12.3 ounce)
- 1 1/2 c. frzn corn kernels
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 c. thinly-sliced green onions including tops Salt to taste Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Slice breast crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. In a small bowl, mix chicken with wine, 1/2 tsp. sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch.
- Peel garlic and mince or possibly press. In a 3- to 4-qt nonstick pan over high heat, stir the garlic and ginger in 1/2 tsp. sesame oil for 10 seconds. Add in chicken and stir till meat is no longer pink on the surface, about 2 min. Add in broth, cover pan, and bring to a boil.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Add in tofu and corn to broth and return mix to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1/4 c. water till smooth; add in to soup, and stir till mix boils. In the same small bowl, beat egg to blend, then pour into soup, stirring to create thin strands, about 30 seconds. Add in remaining 1/2 tsp. sesame oil, the green onions, and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls.
- This recipe yields 5 or possibly 6 servings.
- Comments: This soup made Eric popular with his former roommates at the University of California at San Diego.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||49%|
|Total Fat 8.72g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 11.28g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|