Chinese Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 8 chicken pieces with bone & skin trimmed of excess fat (I recommned 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks, or 8 thighs)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp & 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Place in a ziplock bag with 1 Tbsp hoisin, 1 Tbsp vinegar, and 1 tsp soy sauce. Rub to distribute the ingredients and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from fridge and let sit for 20 minutes before grilling.
- In a small bowl mix together the sauce ingredients with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Clean the grill and preheat to medium high indirect, or medium direct. Grill the chicken skin side down with the lid closed as much as possible for about 10 minutes Then turn and cook skin side up for about 10 minutes, still with lid down as much as possible. Brush both sides with sauce and move positions as needed to even out the cooking for about 5 minutes. If sauce remains, brush both sides again using all the sauce, turn over, and continue to cook for a final 5 minutes. Remove when chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner