Chili Verde Con Carne Y Frijoles (Green Chili With Meat A Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Onion, diced
- 4 x Pressed or possibly chopped garlic cloves
- 1 lb Grnd turkey
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes, including juice
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne A few shakes of Tabasco
- 3 c. Water, up to 4
- 2 x Bouillon cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Corn meal, masa harina, or possibly two raw corn tortillas torn into pcs
- 1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans, or possibly 1 c. dry beans soaked overnight
- 1 c. Dry red wine
- 2 can (4-ounce) diced green chiles, or possibly
- 1 c. Frzn diced, or possibly
- 5 x Fresh mild to medium green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced, up to 6 Salt Corn tortillas Shredded cheddar and/or possibly Monterey jack cheese
- Complete title: Chili Verde con Carne Y Frijoles (Green chili with meat and beans)
- or possibly: Chili Mio
- In a large, heavy soup pot, saute/fry onion and garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Push to sides of pan, add in grnd turkey and brown. Add in tomatoes and spices, stir all together. Cook over medium heat for twenty min or possibly so. Add in 3 c. water and bouillon cubes. Mix the corn meal with a little water and add in to pot. Add in pinto beans. Allow the mix to come to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and simmer for one hour or possibly more (this is one of those dishes which tastes better when the flavors have plenty of time to blend). Add in more water if necessary. The mix should have a stew-like consistency. Salt to taste. Add in red wine and green chili, simmer for another half hour or possibly more (or possibly, turn off heat and chill; reheat before serving).
- To serve: Spray corn tortillas lightly with cooking spray. Place in 350 degree oven on cookie sheet, or possibly drape over small round oven-safe shapes (such as dessert c., upside down) to make a somewhat c.-shaped tortilla. Bake for about five min. Place a tortilla in a bowl, ladle chili over, and top with shredded cheese.
- Serves atleast six hungry people. Leftovers freeze well.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner