Chili-spice peanuts Recipe
This little snack delivers a lot for a little effort. The only trick is the timing when u toast the peanuts
courtesy Cook Fight...Kim Severson
Adapted from “Simply Mexican,” by Lourdes Castro
Cost per recipe $0.44 view details
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt or kosher salt
- 1 lime, quartered.
- 1. In a nonstick pan over high heat, toast peanuts for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking pan or stirring often until nuts begin to smell toasty. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Decrease heat under pan to medium and sprinkle sugar, cayenne pepper and salt evenly into it. Melt mixture slowly, stirring a bit with a heat-proof silicone spatula. When sugar has melted, add peanuts to pan and coat well. Mixture might clump a bit.
- 3. Pour nuts onto parchment paper. As soon as mixture is cool enough to handle, break apart any clumps of peanuts. Serve with wedges of lime. Squeeze lime over nuts right before eating.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 245g|
|Calories from Fat 684||66%|
|Total Fat 76.02g||95%|
|Saturated Fat 12.58g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.72g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.6g||52%|