Chilean Beef Stew Recipe
Chilean Beef Stew is an easy, traditional Chilean recipe for a hearty, well spiced, vegetable beef stew all cooked on the stovetop. Features include: Beef steak, squash, onions, mixed frozen vegetables, red potatoes and beef broth. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- 2-1/2 lbs red potatoes (about 5), peeled, cut into 1/2' cubes
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1-1/2 qts.(6 cups) beef broth
- 1 lb top round beef steak, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables (peas, corn & carrots)
- Bring potatoes, squash and broth to a boil in in a stockpot over medium-high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meat, onions and garlic in the salad dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring occasionally. Add in seasonings; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add skillet mixture to potato mixture in stockpot; stir. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mixed vegetables; simmer another 10 mintes; stirring occasionally.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 505g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||11%|
|Total Fat 4.56g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.86g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 76.57g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|