Chickpea 'Hummus' style spread or dip Recipe
Alfresco in your garden or terrasse with a few spreads and dips.
For a dedicated post on more spreads and dips plus Montreal's best Summer terrasses...refer to:
- . > (American / Metric measures)<
- . 2-1/2 cups (large 19oz./ 540ml can) chickpeas (rinsed, drained)
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) plain 'Greek style' yogurt
- . 3 Tbsps. (45ml) (raw or toasted) gr. sesame seeds
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) lemon juice (more to taste)
- . 4 Tbsps. (60ml) e.v.Olive oil
- . 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) sea salt
- . 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) granular garlic powder
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) each dried herbs: basil, marjoram
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) ground cumin powder (more to taste)
- . > Variation: Add about 1/2 a roasted red pepper or other roasted vegetable of choice.
- . Place ONLY the chickpeas into a blender and pulsate a few times at MEDIUM speed (about 3 minutes).
- . Add ALL the remaining ingredients and process until the smoothness desired.
- . Either serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- . Before serving, bring the spread at slight room temperature before serving.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner