Chicken with Olives, capers & Tomatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 5.75oz. jar sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley - optional
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt as per your taste
- In large skillet brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 minute of cooking. Add salt as per your taste and 1/2 tsp of Red chilli pepper flakes.
- Stir tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- To serve, place chicken on platter. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley if using.
- serve with plain white rice, pasta or any other starches mentioned above.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 128||78%|
|Total Fat 14.38g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|