Chicken with Mushroom Olive Cream Sauce Recipe
The mushrooms and olives make this sauce full flavored and quite rich. This goes great over rice or pasta.
Cost per serving $1.72 view details
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Â½ cup red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cremini (or button) mushrooms, sliced
- Â¾ cups beef broth
- Â¼ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed Spanish olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- Â¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- Â¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, cook and stir for a few minutes then add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms start to sweat. Add broth, cream, olives and thyme.
- Bring to a boil then add chicken in one even layer. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes then turn chicken pieces over and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until done. (Check thickest piece).
- Remove chicken from the pan and set on a plate. In a small bowl whisk together the Â¼ cup beef broth and flour until smooth. Pour into the pan with the sauce and stir until combined. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice or pasta, spoon sauce over chicken.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 233g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||36%|
|Total Fat 7.38g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.53g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 8.04g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|