Chicken with Marsala Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.50 view details
- ¼ ounce dried Porcini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and separate white ends from green ones
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 2½ teaspoons chicken demi-glace
- Pinch of Garlic powder
- Pinch of Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, cover the dried Porcini mushrooms with 1 cup warm water for a minimum of 20 minutes (you will be saving the liquid for later, so don’t discard).
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chicken and cook until chicken is deep brown, about 5-6 minutes per side until it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with aluminum foil (we will be using the same pan in a minute, so do not rinse out chicken juices).
- Remove rehydrated mushrooms from water (reserve soaking liquid) and coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Return the pan used to cook the chicken to medium heat and add white portions of green onions and mushrooms. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the Marsala wine and cook 1 minute. Add almost all of the soaking mushroom liquid (leave any sediment from mushrooms at the bottom in the bowl) and the chicken demi-glace, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and pepper to the pan and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on a plate. Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with leftover green onions
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 98||49%|
|Total Fat 11.1g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.39g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 6.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|