Chicken-Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Chicken-Vegetable Chowder is an easy and delicious recipe for a creamy, chicken chowder which takes only (1) hour from start to finish. It works great for left-over chicken. Main ingredients: Chicken, potatoes, corn, zucchini, onions, fresh parsley and canned cream of celery soup. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium-size red potatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large zucchini, diced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soup, milk and water; bring to a boil. Stir in the potatoes, zucchini and corn. Season to your own preference. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken and parsley; cook until mixture is hot and bubbly.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 277g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||53%|
|Total Fat 12.95g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.12g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 13.17g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|