Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust Recipe
Cost per serving $2.14 view details
- 1 recipe your favorite biscuits
- or package biscuits from grocery store
- or see links
- 1 1/2 lbs. chopped, cooked turkey or chicken, 1 cup chopped ham, or 2 small cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 tbs. olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2-3 tbs. dry sherry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. dry thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp.garlic powder
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tbs. butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Saute chopped vegetables until lightly browned.
- Add broth, turn on medium high, cook 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Make biscuit dough, flatten to 1/2" in height, cut into 8-10 biscuits.
- Add the butter to a large skillet, melt.
- Add the flour, stir well.
- Begin adding veggies/broth, stirring until thickened before adding more.
- Once veggies are completely incorporated, slowly begin adding milk.
- Stir constantly.
- When nice and thick, add chicken and seasonings.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish or 3 qt. baking dish, pour meat mixture in.
- Top with cut biscuits, the edges touching.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 288g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 234||51%|
|Total Fat 26.36g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 11.85g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.61g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|