Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
White wine creamed chicken and puff pastry.
I prefer a lower level of sodium than most so you may need to add salt & pepper to your own taste.
Servings: 4 servings
Cost per serving $4.29 view details
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 white onion
- 1 c chopped celery plus 2 ribs
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 5 c chicken broth
- 1 c white wine (I use a chardonnay)
- 2 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/3 c flour
- dried tarragon
- Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Set out 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry and 4 T butter to soften
- Poach 3 chicken breasts in 5 cups chicken broth with 1 cup white wine, 1 half onion in pieces, 2 ribs celery in pieces, 2 pinches tarragon, and sprinkled with 1/2 tspCavenderâs greek seasoning.
- Remove breasts and hold covered til needed.
- Reduce broth to approx 2 cups and strain off solids.
- Sauteâ 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup chopped celery in olive oil, While steaming 1 cup sliced carrot til soft,
- When onion blend is soft add 1 cup frozen peas and steamed carrots.
- Add broth and 2 Â½ cups heavy cream.
- Blend 1/3 cup flour into softened butter and add to mixture bringing to boil to thicken.
- Cube the poached chicken and add to cream base
- Crust -
- Puff pastry comes in two tri-fold sheets, cut each folded sheet in half and place on a baking sheet and bake until puffed and browned.
- To serve - separate each baked puff pastry into two layers on individual serving dish. Pour creamed chicken onto bottom section and replace top section.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 679g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 478||63%|
|Total Fat 54.06g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 28.64g||115%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 28.41g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|