Chicken & Mushrooms in Herb Sauce Recipe
Mushrooms and chicken breasts in a creamy and herb flavored sauce to enhance rice, pasta or potatoes. Comfort food at its best.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox®
“Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless, boned and halved
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream or use undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup large fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or more as needed.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound to make them equal thickness.
- Mix the bread crumbs, thyme, sage, salt and peppers in a plastic bag.
- Pour the cream into a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet.
- Dip each of the chicken pieces into the cream, then in bag of seasoned bread crumbs, shake to coat the chicken with crumbs.
- Lay the chicken pieces into the hot oil/butter mixture.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the broth in the skillet, breaking loose any crumbs in the skillet with a whisk.
- Add the flour and stir to blend; add more chicken broth if too thick.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and layer the sliced mushrooms over the chicken.
- Heat chicken and mushrooms in the sauce until heated through.
- Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 171||58%|
|Total Fat 19.25g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7.93g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 12.46g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|