Chicken Livers With Onions And Horseradish ... Recipe
Cost per serving $4.14 view details
- 1 lb chicken livers
- 2 c. white wine from Friuli
- 10 x black peppercorns - (to 15)
- 1 x bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb cippolline peeled, trimmed Salt to taste
- 3/4 c. Brown Chicken Stock (see recipe)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1/4 c. finely-grated horseradish
- 1/2 x green apple finely grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- Clean the livers, removing fat, and connective tissue. Place in a non-reactive casserole or possibly bowl with the white wine, peppercorns, and bay leaf and chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 6 hrs.
- In a medium saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil and add in the onions. Once browned, add in a healthy pinch of salt and sufficient water to cover the onions halfway, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook till the onions fall apart, about 20 min.
- Drain the onions and place in a blender or possibly food processor to puree. Return the onion puree to the pot and stir in the Brown Chicken Stock and 1 Tbsp. of the butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and keep hot.
- Drain the livers and throw away the bay leaf and peppercorns. In a 12- to 14-inch saute/fry pan, heat the remaining butter over high heat till it foams and subsides. Add in the livers and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the brandy and saute/fry for 1 minute more, then drain the liquid from the pan and serve immediately with the onion sauce and horseradish sauce served over.
- Horseradish Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the horseradish and apple, then stir in the vinegar. This may be stored for up to 1 week, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator. (Makes 3/4 c.)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "(Fegatini Con Cipolla E Cren)"
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 336g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 187||48%|
|Total Fat 21.13g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8.23g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 8.72g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|