Chicken Livers With Leeks, Balsamic Vinegar And Dried Apricots Recipe
Cost per serving $4.35 view details
- 4 Tbsp. Virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Chicken livers rinsed and dry
- 1/2 c. All-purpose flour seasoned with Salt to taste and Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 lrg Leeks, much of green included rinsed, and cut in 2" batonettes
- 1/2 lb Dry apricots
- 1 c. Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 c. Curly endive washed, spun dry
- In a 12- to 14-inch saute/fry pan, heat oil till smoking. Dredge the chicken livers in the seasoned flour and shake excess flour off. Saute/fry chicken livers till crisp and golden brown-brown, about 8 to 10 min, and remove to plate. Add in leeks and apricots to pan and cook till leeks are softened, about 8 to 10 min. Add in chicken livers back to pan, add in vinegar and butter and cook till liquid is reduced by half. Add in endive to pan. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 292g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 248||53%|
|Total Fat 28.02g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 9.16g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 29.56g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|