Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 8oz can pineapple chunks, drained and save the juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 small orange
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 cup whole mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- Combine juices, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
- Put 1/2 cup of this marinade to the side.
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag and add the remaining marinade.
- Chill for 2 hours to coat the chicken.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1 inch chunks and slice the mushrooms in half.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut lemon, lime and orange into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Take 8 skewers and thread them with the fruits, vegetables and chicken.
- Preheat grill a medium-high heat.
- Place kabobs on the grill and baste occasionally with the reserved marinade. Turn kabobs frequently and cook until chicken is done.
- Note: Feel free to replace the chicken with steak or shrimp!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||47%|
|Total Fat 7.22g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.04g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 13.3g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|