Chicken Curry Recipe, How to Make Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
Every family has it’s own Chicken Curry Recipe. So does mine. It is rustic, spicy, flavorsome and insanely delicious. After all, it is a family recipe. This everyday chicken curry and the holiday, precisely Sunday have some old connection. The two are meant for each other.
- 1 kilogram chicken pieces with bone
- 4 onion, fine chopped + 2 onion
- 1 small-size tomato
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 - 3 green chilies
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 - 3 green cardamom (hari elaichi)
- 2 - 3 cloves (laung)
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry.
- Make paste of two onion and tomato in a mixer. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Once the oil starts fuming reduce the heat and the whole spices (bay leaf, cardamom and cloves). Fry till their aroma is released approximately few seconds.
- Next add the chopped onion. Fry it over low flame till golden in color.
- Once onion is done add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till it too turns golden.
- Now add the onion and tomato paste prepared earlier.
- Fry the masala over low heat till it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Stirring at regular intervals.
- Add spices - turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir and fry for few seconds.
- Now its time to add the chicken pieces. Fry the chicken pieces for 5 - 6 minutes or till they turn pale while in color. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken over low heat till the time when water starts oozing out of the chicken pieces.
- Now add the 2 Cups of water, green chili and garam masala to the curry.
- Allow the curry to simmer till it thicken a bit and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve chicken curry with rice/chapati.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 239||66%|
|Total Fat 26.69g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 6.04g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.46g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|