Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk Recipe
For a more kid-friendly, non-spicy version, just do steps 2-4. It’s still super-moist and delicious – and even faster and easier! On really rushed days, you could even skip the onion/garlic/ginger in step 3 and just add the coconut milk – it’s still good!
Serve with steamed rice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Â½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Â¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, if you prefer)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can be from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (can be from a jar)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Thin red and green bell pepper rings, for garnish
- Mix together first 5 ingredients until smooth. Rub over chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until light brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the coconut milk and salt, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 18-20 minutes, turning the pieces once or twice.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and garnish with pepper rings.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 188g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 215||72%|
|Total Fat 25.42g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 19.37g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 7.52g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|