CHICKEN AND PESTO PASTA Recipe
Cost per serving $1.61 view details
- 125 g frozen broad beans
- 140 g linguine, snapped in half
- 75 g green beans, stem ends trimmed, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp good-quality pesto
- basil leaves, to garnish
- parmesan, grated, for serving, optional
- Cook the broad beans in a small saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes then drain, cool slightly and pop the beans out of their skins. Set aside.
- Put a medium saucepan of water on to boil, then tip in the pasta and cook for 10 minutes (or according to instructions on the packet), adding the green beans for the last 4 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, dry fry the pine nuts in a large frying or sauté pan until golden, shaking the pan often so they don’t burn, then tip them out into a small dish and set aside. Heat the oil in the same pan and fry the chicken and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until cooked and the chicken is starting to brown. Remove from the heat, season with pepper and stir in the skinned broad beans.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Put the pasta in the pan with the chicken and return the pan to a very low heat. Stir in the pesto and pine nuts and toss all together with the reserved pasta water until everything is well warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Scatter with a few basil leaves and serve with parmesan for sprinkling if you like.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||20%|
|Total Fat 14.95g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.81g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 99.46g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.6g||72%|