Chicken And Green Bean With Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $1.31 view details
- 4 ounce angel hair pasta
- 4 ounce frzn chicken breast (Meat only) partially thawed
- 1/3 lb blanched French green beans (thin) frzn or possibly fresh
- 4 x garlic cloves peeled
- 1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (mild) divided use salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry chervil
- 4 Tbsp. shiitake mushroom sauce see note cilantro sprigs (optional) to garnish
- Put water on to boil to cook the pasta. Break spaghetti strands in half; add in to the pot of boiling water. Cook and drain.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the chicken breast on a diagonal to make bite-sized medallions. Set aside to thaw between paper towels. Break the green beans into bite-sized pcs. Set aside. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat a large sauce pan with a non-stick surface over a high setting. Add in half the oil and swirl the pan to heat and spread the oil. Add in the almonds and lightly brown. Add in the garlic, green beans, and chervil. Stir to combine and season with a few grindings of salt and pepper. Continue to stir-fry till the beans are heated through. Transfer the bean mix to a plate.
- Return pan to the burner; add in the rest of the oil. When warm, stir-fry the chicken pcs till they are no longer pink. Reduce heat. Add in a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Stir in the shiitake mushroom sauce and about 1/4 c. of water from the pasta pot. Stir to heat through. Add in the bean mix to the pan and stir to combine. Add in the liquid removed spaghetti to the pan and stir to coat. Garnish and serve at once.
- NOTES : What is it about chicken, pasta, ginger-mushroom sauce and nuts which is so addictive It's the same combination which keeps us eating Chinese noodle salad. This dish was easy and fast meal to
- NOTE: Several companies bottle an Asian shiitake mushroom sauce made with ginger, soy, oil and vinegar and seasonings.
- Trader Joe's, Annie Chung, Persimmon Hill, Jo San and others. It might be called mushroom stir-fry sauce. It's used here as a stir-fry sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||14%|
|Total Fat 9.45g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.75g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 92.83g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.1g||70%|